Jessica's Page

Chapter 5

In Chapter 5, it talks about push and pull communication. It states that today's internet allows you to identify the content you want and have it sent to you. Users can put their information on the web, which is called “pushing”. I feel that “pushing” can be beneficial and suspicious. People can put anything and everything on the internet and that can lead to bad things happening in the future of your career if you choose to ne neglectful. Chapter 5 also talks about E-mail based subscriptions. It talks about how you can subscribe to online newsletters, blogs, news sources, organizations, and other entities. I find email-based subscriptions to be annoying and useful. They can be annoying because they can so you with updates on the news and that can get annoying. It can also be useful because you can find out the news right at your fingertips instead of having a physical newspaper. It then talks about the topic of podcasting. I personally do like to listen to podcasts because they talk about things that the news does not cover. In the early 2000’s, a group of programmers created the technical specifications necessary to encode audio recordings in feeds. 

Prev [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] Next